Muve Hints & Tips: Email Marketing
Before embarking on a session of email marketing, remind yourself of these key elements to keep in mind:
- Define your audience and your goals – who is your audience, what type of content do they want to receive and what is your goal?
- Segment your audience – send relevant messages to relevant audiences at the right time
- Get personal – personalisation can improve engagement and secure higher open rates and click throughs
- Add social sharing buttons
- Use action words and power words in your subject line
- Use plenty of white space, subheadings, bullet points, and headings to break up your content into sections
- Ensure your email branding is consistent – use the same fonts, colours, logo and tone of voice that you use across your other channels
- Ensure your email is mobile friendly with responsive design
- Clean and update your email list regularly
- Always stay GDPR compliant and give a clear opt-out (read about the GDPR ‘right to withdraw’)
This article was contributed by our good friends at Muve Media & Marketing. If you need any assistance with email marketing or any other aspect of advertising or marketing we recommend you get in touch.