Our series of hints and tips is designed to give you a very brief focus on the most important things to keep in mind when doing various content and marketing tasks. This time, we're looking at content marketing.
Before embarking on a session of content marketing, remind yourself of these key elements to keep in mind:
- When planning content from your website to your tweets, ask yourself if it conveys your company values and is relevant, useful, meaningful or inspiring to the customer. If not, don’t publish it.
- Build a content plan around your ideal customer profile
- Tailor your content to customer intent and behaviour according to each stage of their buying journey
- A great content strategy starts with a simple content marketing assessment
- Brand Storytelling – connect authentically with your audiences by humanising your brand
- Include video in your content marketing strategy – Cisco predict that by 2021, 80% of the World’s internet traffic will be video
- Make your content fresh and make sure you are producing it consistently
- Data evaluation – it’s not enough to just produce excellent content, make sure you plan how to measure the results of your efforts
- Repurpose your most successful content into different formats for different channels
- Answer complex questions within your content – to increase chances of ranking within a Google snippet
This article was contributed by our good friends at Muve Media & Marketing. If you need any assistance with content marketing or any other aspect of advertising or marketing we recommend you get in touch.