Our series of hints and tips is designed to give you a very brief focus on the most important things to keep in mind when doing various content and marketing tasks. This time, we're looking at conversion rate optimisation (CRO).
Before embarking on a session of conversion rate optimisation (CRO), remind yourself of these key elements to keep in mind:
- Create different landing pages for different user types from different traffic sources
- On each landing page, provide one call to action – multiple CTA’s have to compete for user attention
- Build an A/B test with a video-based landing page and a text-based landing page
- Make your CTA button sticky so it scrolls with the user
- Improve the quality of your traffic – CRO should start with attracting highest calibre targeted traffic
- Use a heatmap tool (like Hotjar, CrazyEgg , Mouseflow or Freshmarketer to show you where your users are clicking and where they are not
- Implement re-marketing campaigns – On average, 96% of the people who visit a website will leave without ever converting to a lead or sale (data: Wordstream).
This article was contributed by our good friends at Muve Media & Marketing. If you need any assistance with CRO or any other aspect of advertising or marketing we recommend you get in touch.