Our series of hints and tips is designed to give you a very brief focus on the most important things to keep in mind when doing various content and marketing tasks. This time, we're looking at pay-per-click advertising (PPC).
Before embarking on a session of pay-per-click advertising (PPC), remind yourself of these key elements to keep in mind:
- Research and analyse your AdWords account and your paid competition to identify gaps in your PPC campaigns and find opportunities for growth
- Writing PPC ad copy is crucially important – spend time on ensuring the ads are strong, relevant, compelling and well written
- Automate some of the processes in PPC account maintenance (such as bids, positioning and adding keywords) with
- Adwords script so you can focus more time on optimising performance.
- A/B Testing – Testing ad copy is a best practice – tests variants of copy to see what words perform best and what triggers stronger click-through rates.
- Look for the low hanging fruit – keywords for which there are high searches relative to the number of results –
- Key phrases – not just keywords – More than 80% of searches are more than one word, with nearly 50% over 4 words and 15% over 5 words(Data: Jumpshot)
This article was contributed by our good friends at Muve Media & Marketing. If you need any assistance with PPC or any other aspect of advertising or marketing we recommend you get in touch.