Our series of hints and tips is designed to give you a very brief focus on the most important things to keep in mind when doing various content and marketing tasks. This time, we're looking at social media.
Before embarking on a session of social media, remind yourself of these key elements to keep in mind:
- Promote posts that are performing well organically
- If you use LinkedIn – A useful part of an inbound marketing strategy would be to use their publishing platform to showcase your expertise
- Treat your social pages like your website
- Sharing gated content such as webinars, videos and white papers
- Create polls and surveys to offer a unique way for people to express their opinions
- Quality over quantity – Determine which platforms suit your business and focus on building these profiles – not all platforms will be relevant.
- Regularly run a competitor audit (check out tips on how to do this here)
- Whenever possible, use images, videos and graphics – engagement is much higher than text alone
- Use a social media management solution to streamline your social media marketing activities and increase your productivity.
This article was contributed by our good friends at Muve Media & Marketing. If you need any assistance with social media or any other aspect of advertising or marketing we recommend you get in touch.